Ms. Bedrossian is an English teacher at Millikan Middle School, which she considers to be home away from home. She has a Bachelor's in English Literature and Writing, Master degrees in English and Education from CSUN, and National Board Certification in Adolescent Literature. For her, teaching is a fun and challenging profession, and there is nothing else she'd rather do - well, maybe be a photographer for the National Geographic Magazine, but then again isn't that what everyone wants to do?
While away from teaching, Ms. Bedrossian loves to travel. She has gone on many adventure trips throughout South America, New Zealand, Armenia, Mexico, Vietnam, Thailand, Lebanon, Canada, and all over Western Europe. She believes traveling by bike, by foot, and by raft or kayak is one of the best ways of getting educated about the world and its different cultures. She wishes that all of her students will get that opportunity at some point in their lives. Her other interests include simply spending time with family and friends, reading, writing, camping, road trips, mountain biking, hiking, hockey games, rock concerts, movies, and any activities that will take her to the great outdoors.
Goals and Wishes for All My Students ...
- Think, speak, write... no matter in what form, express your thoughts in intelligent, relevant, and interesting ways. Discover your role in the bigger picture of life and decide how to make a difference - Remember that no act of kindness is ever small; always view life with an open heart.
- Ultimately, all individuals are responsible and accountable for their own level of success in life - it's all in the attitude!
Some favorite quotes and food for thought...
- "Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it." Martin Luther King Jr.
- "Travel is fatal to bigotry, prejudice and narrow-mindedness. Broad wholesomeness and charitable views cannot be acquired by vegetating in one tiny corner of the globe." - Mark Twain
- "The greatest discovery of my generation is that man can alter his life simply by altering his attitude of mind." William James
- "The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well." Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "Violence is immoral because it thrives on hatred rather than love…it creates bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers." Martin Luther King Jr.