Black Student Achievement Plan
The Black Student Achievement Program (BSAP) is an LAUSD program to support Black students' road to high academic performance, strong social-emotional awareness and management, and a positive cultural identity.The BSAP addresses the need for culturally responsive curriculum and instruction as the classroom norm, fosters partnerships with community based organizations with proven track records of success within the Black community, and provides increased staffing support to address the academic and social-emotional needs of Black students.
To create an environment that holds and maintain a safe space to empower Black students to attain high achievement, high academic performance, achieve social-emotional awareness, and positive cultural identity through mentorship, exposure to authentic and diverse representation of blackness, and stressing the importance of community investment.
- Crisis Text Line: Text "Hello" to 741741
- National Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
- Trevor Project Lifeline: 866-488-7386 (Suicide Hotline for LGBTQIA+ Youth)
- All resources are available 24 hours a day.
- If this is an emergency, call 911.